Project Manager - DFAT
The Project Manager will be responsible for the management and technical support of Building Peaceful Futures Project, funded by DFAT in Kirkuk and Ninewa Governorate of Iraq.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant field experience with an international organization.
- Experience in Iraq will be an asset.
- Fluent English and good written communication and report writing skills.
- Experience in implementing multiyear projects
- Creative and innovative approach to design and delivery of effective training interventions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage entire project management cycle.
- Demonstrated success in providing leadership and management in project implementation
- Able and willing to travel and spend time to remote and insecure locations.
- Experience in leading/implementing consortium projects desirable.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector, the role is offered for 12 months period.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Date advertised: 7 Feb 2019
Closing date: 22 Feb 2019
Location: Erbil, Iraq
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time