JOB TITLE: Application Support Analyst – Combined Apps Team
LOCATION: Nairobi or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office worldwide.
GRADE: National 4
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fixed Term – 1 Year, renewable
As a member of the Global IT team and reporting to the Combined Apps Team Lead, the post-holder will be one of a dynamic team supporting a range of critical global SCI/SCA applications. The role will provide L2 service and administration for the data-gathering applications Kobo Toolbox and CommCare. Additionally, the role holder will have the opportunity to engage with and provide secondary coverage for other global applications supported by the Combined Apps Team.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Combined Apps Team Lead
Budget Responsibilities: none
Role Dimensions: Save the Children Association works in around 120 countries worldwide and employs around 25,000 staff. The Combined Apps team connects with many stakeholders across Save the Children International countries, regions and centre, as well as Save the Children members. This role is key in ongoing business-as-usual application support.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Kobo Toolbox/CommCare L2 support:
- Take ownership of L2 tickets and ensure L3 vendor escalations are meeting the agreed service levels.
- Manage escalations from locally based L1 IT.
- Manage escalations with vendors.
- Participate in review and testing of all regular SaaS updates from Kobo and CommCare vendor
2. DocuSign Support
- Provide 1st line support for DocuSign, taking the lead of the DocuSign Service Desk and ensuring 95% compliance on both the first response and resolution SLAs.
3. Secondary coverage for other global applications
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience working in IT Service Management, managing and prioritizing an incident queue and ensuring a reduction in recurring issues.
- Excellent customer service and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Proactive and able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization including international staff around the world.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed team.
- Ability and willingness to learn and implement new technologies.
- A commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children.
- Knowledge of, or interest in international development, humanitarian assistance, children’s rights, and current affairs.
- Experience working with Jira.
- Experience working with Kobo Toolbox and/or CommCare.
- Experience working with DocuSign.
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts.
- Experience in managing project activities and deadlines, preferably in an international NGO environment.
Additional job responsibilities:
Since the role involves support to end users across different time zones, it may be necessary from time to time to work outside normal office hours, which is compensated by time off in lieu where appropriate.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, take responsibility for their own personal development and encourage their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future-orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates the highest levels of integrity
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply.
Beware that there are individuals who may take and use SCI’s name in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. We do not use recruiting persons or agencies to help us identify candidates for employment. If you’re contacted by a person promising you recruitment or placement at SCI for a charge, do not accept, and please get in touch with us at SCIFraud@savethechildren.org.