Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as theGlobal Change Manager – Global Shared CMSin the UK (London or Remote) or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office worldwide.
The Global Change Manager sits within the Project and Change Management Team that is part of the Transformation Delivery Department within Save the Children International. This team is responsible for managing the change management activities and deployment of projects into 60 Country and Regional offices and 29 Member organisations. We support different types of Transformation Projects and Programmes relating to Business Process, Organisation and System changes.
In Save the Children we currently have a range of different Content Management Systems (CMS) being used across the movement. With this project we are looking to implement a Global CMS Platform that is centralised and is supported through a shared service. Through doing this we aim to revolutionise Save the Children’s ability to rapidly deploy global online campaign’s utilising a centralised pool of technical resources to maintain and deploy functionality across the movement. It is a complex project, with a high level of visibility and will require senior level engagement with stakeholders across the movement. The project is about to go-live with Phase 1, focused on the MVP, and it is entering Phase to expanded scope. Through delivery of this project, we aim to streamline and offer a standardised core CMS solutions, accessible across our movement. It is a complex project, with a high level of visibility and will require senior level engagement with stakeholders from across the movement, and ability to adapt with priorities changes.
As the Global Change Manager for the Global Shared CMS project, you will be responsible for understanding the context, stakeholders and assessing the impact of the changes to move forwards in terms of our people, processes, data, technology and policy & governance as well as our global legal requirements. You will work closely with the wider Project Team to agree priorities and develop a robust change plan and monitor progress against this plan. You will also be accountable for development and delivery of all required change interventions and working with the communications team (if required) to ensure engagements are effectively managed. The project is transitioning from Waterfall methodology to Agile methodology ways of working.
The role holder will be responsible for managing the Change Management deliverables as part of the defined Save the Children Project Lifecycle. Examples include the stakeholder matrix, change & communications plan, change impact assessment etc. Core to this role will be ensuring effective alignment with wider transformation initiatives as well as effectively managing relationships with key stakeholders and driving continuous improvements. This role also requires the holder to work closely with the Global Fundraising for Save the Children, from across the globe. Externally, the role will be required to work closely with third parties such as consultants and technology partners to understand and assess the impact of proposed ways of working, approaches and communications. There will be a need to consider the change implications and approach, not only directly on the project stakeholders, but also on the wider organisation to managing the change successfully and embed new practices and ways of working.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience and capability in change management and supporting the delivery of major projects in regards to business processes and systems within a large and complex international organisation as well as changes to organisation structure and ways of working
- Experience of working across project phases to deliver change management oversight and interventions
- Experience in transitioning and embedding project approaches and methodology within an organisation, preferably from Waterfall to Agile
- Demonstrable ability to challenge the user-friendliness of set up, requirements and design for implementation and regular usage
- Experience of solving issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Engaging as well as assertive, influencing and negotiating
- Affinity, knowledge and experience of working within a standardised project/change methodology
- True passion for results, responsibility and proactivity
- Competent in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
- Previous experience of managing change on projects focused on the transformation journey of a Customer Management System Platform for a global organisation
- INGO experience
- Experience in working with off-site project team members
- Experience of delivering solutions internationally
This role can be based in the UK (London or Remote) or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location for the duration of the contract.
Where we Work -Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A full copy of the role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.