About the Role:
The position holder will provide overall leadership for the Financial Accounts function within the program, and partly support the budgeting and Reporting function. He/she will be responsible for ensuring best-in-class financial controls and management for the program– including capacity building; implementing efficient & effective processes; improving and ensuring compliance with internal control systems. S/he will ensure that Burundi Financial requirements and procedures comply with the SCI’s policies, donor requirements as well and the Government of Burundi laws and policies.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Advanced level University degree in financial management, accounting, business administration, or a closely related field.
- Professional accounting qualifications such as CA, CPA, ACCA, or other equivalent qualifications will be a plus.
EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum of 6 years of management experience in a corporate, audit firm or an NGO environment, of which three at a middle management level within a finance department
- Strategic mindset with the ability to lead, inspire and achieve results in a challenging context
- Demonstrated managerial, supervisory, and leadership skills.
- Expert knowledge, skills, and experience in principles and practices of international accounting and financial management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Strong analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills with the ability to articulate complex information in an easy-to-understand manner
- Strong ability to analyze financial data including large financial data extracts, summarize results, produce reports, and recommend appropriate actions
- Excellent knowledge of and skills in the use of integrated IT accounting systems (e.g. Oracle, Agresso, etc.).
- Ability to plan and organize tasks on an autonomous basis.
- Sound judgment, integrity, tact, and discretion in dealing with internal stakeholders.
- Excellent communication in both English and French (written and oral) and interpersonal skills with finance and non-finance staff.
- Thorough knowledge of financial policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Strong skills in the area of Office packages in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately, and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff.
- Strong team player
- Extensive years of experience within the NGO / charities sector or Audit firm with financial management responsibility,
- Experience of working in a development and/or emergency context.
- Understanding of major donor compliance regulations.
We invite all suitable qualified people, particularly women and people with disabilities to apply.