For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children's lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world's largest independent child rights organisation, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. We are an equal opportunity organisation dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
In Uganda, we implement programmes in five thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Child Poverty, Health and Nutrition in Development and Emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern, West Nile and Central regions of Uganda. We save children's lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential.
Provide support through managing the filing system, proper petty cash management and initiating payments to suppliers in a timely manner as well as making advance payments to staff in line with the set policies, procedures and guidelines. The job holder may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis.
Contract Duration: Open
Contractual Status: National
Qualification and Experience;
· A minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Commerce accounting option or the equivalent.
· At least a minimum of two working experience in the related field
· Partial or full completion of ACCA or CPA and knowledge of GAAP
· Ability to speak local language and directly interact with target group will be an added advantage
· Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
· Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.