Education Coordinator-National Contract
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children's lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world's largest independent child rights organisation, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. We are an equal opportunity organisation dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
In Uganda, we implement programmes in five thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Child Poverty, Health and Nutrition in Development and Emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern, West Nile and Central regions of Uganda. We save children's lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential.
The post holder will support the Project Manager in coordinating programmatic and operational grant management and implementation including; planning, implementation, capacity enhancement, monitoring/ evaluation and reporting both internally (within SCI) and externally with stakeholders. The person is accountable for overall coordination and oversight delivery of the ECHO award in Kyangwali implemented in a consortium with other partnersIn the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Contract Duration: 1 Year
Contractual Status: National
Qualification and Experience;
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or higher in an education related field.
- A Post Graduate training in Project Management, Community Development or a Master's degree in any relevant field is an added advantage.
- Experience in education in emergencies is desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years progressive experience in project coordination, implementation, management and development in an NGO/ INGO particularly in a humanitarian context.
- Relevant experience supervising community based social development and education projects with in an INGO particularly those addressing children's rights and those applying partnership approach is desirable.
- Technical expertise in either education or child protection in emergencies.
- Demonstrated experience in managing education or child protection consortium projects
- Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation skills and proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff
- Experience of representation, including Cluster coordination, and ability to represent effectively in external forums