Administrative Officer-National Contract
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children's lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world's largest independent child rights organisation, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. We are an equal opportunity organisation dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
In Uganda, we implement programmes in five thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Child Poverty, Health and Nutrition in Development and Emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern, West Nile and Central regions of Uganda. We save children's lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential.
To provide administrative, HR and logistical support to the programme activities at the district offices. Line Manages Office Assistants
Contract Duration: 3 Years
Contractual Status: National
Qualification and Experience;
- A minimum of a diploma Administration majoring in Management. Additional training or the equivalent experience in office administration is desirable.
- At least 3 years' experience in office administration or management preferably in an INGO
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Health, Education, HIV/AIDS or Child Protection program delivery.
- Excellent report writing skills and experience in generating Donor compliant reports of high quality.
- Ability to speak local language and directly interact with target group will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching