Programme Officer, Nutrition
The PO leads on the nutrition intervention with focus on managing the IYCF-E Program and to ensure that the all components of the program are functioning properly, prevention of stunting through the implementation of Targeted Supplementary Feeding Programme (TSFP) and Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) programme in one of the targeted settlements.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Bachelor Degree in Nnutrition or health with minimum three years working experience with NGOs.
- Working experience of one year in IMAM program or PHC program.
- Experience in health and nutrition programs.
- Good capacity to work in a team and flexibility.
- English fluency (verbal and written) required and local language (preferred).
- Experience working in a refugee context.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.