For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children's lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world's largest independent child rights organisation, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
In Uganda, we implement programmes in five thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Child Poverty, Health and Nutrition in Development and Emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the West Nile, North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern and Central regions of Uganda, Currently, Save the Children has a staff complement of over 300 persons.
Guided by the WASH Advisor, the District WASH Officer will implement household and community WASH activities. He/she will also collaborate with other project WASH staff to ensure effective household and community WASH improvements. The District WASH Officer will ensure that all WASH activities support the achievement of project nutrition and livelihood targets. The position will ensure the quality and documentation of key WASH related interventions and approaches in his/her district. The position will be responsible for ensuring all deliverables related to WASH are delivered in a timely fashion and key lessons learned and best practices captured practices
Contract Duration: 5 years
Contractual Status: National posting
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have regular contact with young youth or access to children
Location: Kotido, Moroto, Kaabong & Amudat
- A bachelor's qualification in a discipline related to Public Health. Experience could substitute for a formal qualification, but not vice versa.
- At least 3+ years of direct experience in integrated WASH programming
- WASH professional with experience in Community Led Total Sanitation, WASH marketing, or community health work
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, multi-intervention health development program in collaboration with national health ministries and international partners
- Specific experience in CLTS and WASH marketing highly desired
- Prior experience working in Karamoja sub-region highly desired
- Prior experience working with USAID funded projects highly desired
- Willingness to be based in the Karamoja sub-region, with frequent travel to communities
- Commitment to producing high quality program deliverables on time and under budget