Regional Advocacy and Campaigns Manager
- Promote periodically communication and exchange best practice with CoP on advocacy and campaign, through the development of ELC.
- Participate in global coordination trainings and replicate within the region.
- Support countries in the development of campaign systems to enable continuous learning and improvement, and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Build knowledge, understanding and ownership of Campaigning with children at the national and regional levels, through engagement with other senior program colleagues.
- Strength advocacy and campaigning capacity in LAC staff, within the region to achieve our ambition for children 2030.
- Provide strategy support to country offices in the region with a specific focus on campaigning with children and Youth for our 2019-21 priority campaign.
- Increase the visibility and put in ELC global strands, regional priorities children on the move, violence and Adolescents, to achieve more impact in advocacy and campaigns actions.
- Support the implementation advocacy and campaign actions, as part of the regional Plan
- Collaborate with the global campaign team on international campaign projects and activities
- Support the participation of all the countries from LAC region in the development of a united regional campaign.
- Work with new and existing partners in name of region to develop innovative and effective campaign partnerships that generate momentum and profile for our campaign issues.
- Supporting specific and ad hoc projects and campaign activities across the broad spectrum of the campaign
- Give advices and support in the design and implementation of regionals Campaigns based on regional priorities.
- Promote youth participation in advocacy spaces, strengthen knowledge and adolescent’s skills on advocacy and campaigns.
- Follow up and give support to CO’s and members, to fulfil new advocacy and campaign mid-year report and annual report.
- Elaborate bulletins and collect evidence on our work on advocacy and campaign in order to give visibility LAC region inside ELC Campaign.
- Support analysis and research brief, spotlights, research, and materials based on ELC progress in the region.
- Work closely with the Regional Media and Communications Specialist to develop our social media presence.
- Work closely with Regional Programs Officers, to include advocacy and campaigns approach in regional brief and external documents.
- Provide support and follow up with the Catalytic Fund countries in the region, to assure fund implementation thorough advocacy and campaigns activities
- In preparation for the Global momentum, design proposal and action plan to raise funds for countries advocacy and campaigns activities in order to join the momentum, and get more visible LAC region.
- With the regional advocacy and campaigns director, develop funding opportunities with Save the Children members to support advocacy and campaigns activities at the national level.
- University studies in social sciences, International Relations, Public Relations, CC Policies or related careers.
- Advocacy knowledge
- Fluency in written and spoken (Spanish and English) is essential; skills in other regionally relevant languages would be an advantage (French)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to communicate to people of different cultural backgrounds
- A track record of public campaigning, advocacy, children’s rights approach
- Ability to design and manage projects, with appropriate support, and to convene and align staff across functions and countries behind shared objectives
- Strong attention to detail
- A good understanding and interest in communications, advocacy, humanitarian and development issues
- Commitment to Save the Children's mission, vision and values
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Date advertised: 7 Feb 2019
Closing date: 25 Feb 2019
Location: Panama City, Panama
Department: Advocacy, Campaigns and Policy
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time