Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Vetting Manager in Centre -London, UK
The role holder will be responsible for leading the supplier and partner vetting capability including daily operations and the vetting team.
This will include ensuring the right level of capacity is in place to meet the service requirements for supplier and partner vetting checks to ensure SCI’s vetting related risks are managed and checks are within the agreed service levels.
The role holder will work closely with Risk and Legal escalating any concerns / complex cases as and when necessary.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Strong attention to detail
- Understands the need for confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information and correspondence
- Strong analytical approach to correctly identify potential risk to the organisation and to effectively escalate confirmed positive compliance cases
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise and to work calmly when under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Highly competent in using the Microsoft Office pack, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Power BI
- Able to quickly adjust to using different systems and to provide process improvements to optimise their use
- Experienced in developing and maintaining efficient and safe filing systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills, fluent in English
- Able to work effectively as a team lead ensuring fair work and knowledge distribution within the team in order to collectively meet the required standards and service levels
- Holds evidenced ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of people at all levels, across different cultures and departments, and to act with respect, credibility, discretion, tact and diplomacy
- A decent knowledge and understanding of legal and/or procurement practices
- Experience of working with PowerBI reporting tool
We can offer circa £31,000 per annum with an option of flexible working hours.
Where we Work -Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.