KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Develops and implements the country Procurement strategy aligned to regional and global Procurement priorities with the aim of delivering value for money to our donors, quality goods and services to our beneficiaries and exceeding our operational KPIs.
- Manage and communicate with senior internal stakeholders to promote the role of the Procurement function, to drive best practices and operational efficiencies for the benefit of the country.
- Structure and implement a Procurement organizational structure in line with the target Procurement Country Office operating model to ensure teams or individuals are separately focused on management, sourcing, and buying as discrete capabilities within the team.
- Provide leadership and management to the Procurement team and functional leadership to Procurement staff at Area Office/ Field Office
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of all Procurement processes to ensure compliance to procedures and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Develop, maintain and deliver the rolling Sourcing Pipeline.
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand future demand for programs and internal office / functional needs and to forecast future demand.
- Advocate across the organization for effective planning of Procurement needs at the proposal stage.
- Plan the team’s activities to run proactive sourcing procedures (tenders, quotations) to meet project future demand.
- Deliver and/or oversee sourcing procedures to sign contracts and Framework Agreements with suppliers that meet our business requirements and deliver value for money.
- Oversee all operational Procurement activities ensuring that we are receiving, validating and processing purchase requisitions in line with business requirements.
- Ensuring the tracking of Purchase Orders from issuance to order fulfilled
- Liaison with relevant internal departments and programs to ensure that order fulfillment is on time and in line with expectations.
- Deal with operational challenges around deliveries and payment and escalate to relevant departments.
- Implement and ensure compliance to our Procurement Policy, Procurement Manual and established Procurement Procedures
- Set a strong tone from the top that fraud is unacceptable
- Ensure that we are using recognized systems and processes, including put not limited to Pro Save & Source to Pay.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proven and significant experience in Procurement and contract management, including an ability to review Procurement demands and trends, and develop Procurement strategies.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working in logistics or Procurement, with in-depth experience vis-à-vis the entire Procurement lifecycle.
- Sector experience in NGO/UN system is preferred but a strong commercial sector candidate with a demonstrable interest and passion for the NGO sector will be considered.
- Experience with Strategic Sourcing, developing Category Strategies and running complex tenders.
- Experience using Procurement and Supply Chain Systems. – Preferably SAP
- Strong experience in some of our key programmatic categories (Supply Chain, Construction, Humanitarian Goods, Education Supplies, Medicines) or indirect categories (External Workers/Consultancy, IT, Property etc.).
- Willingness to undertake field travel as required and work in difficult environments according to travel environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Fluency in spoken and written English